Virtual 800 numbers are beginning to gain momentum in the business world and there is no better example of this than the company Phone.com. Phone.com is like many other virtual 800 number service companies in that they offer you a way to have an inexpensive 800 number. How they differ is in their approach.
Phone.com has plans that start at just $8.88 a month and the more use you get out of your 800 number, then the more you can expect to pay. Phone.com approaches each customer as an individual and encourages a phone call first so that one of their service reps can sort of interview you and help you determine which features you will need. By doing so the theory of the company is that you only pay for what you need.
Their list of features is extremely impressive and includes:
- Business Phone: Make calls through your online connection or by utilizing their 800 number services.
- Vanity 800 Numbers: Choose a vanity 800 number such as 800-FUN-TIME and help brand your business as well as give your potential customers a number they can easily remember.
- Transfer of Existing 800 Numbers: If you already have an 800 number, Phone.com can port it over for you so you don’t have to go through the hassle of changing numbers.
- Caller Greeting: Recorded voice that greets all callers and routes them to the proper extension. Use your voice or pay for one of their professional voice talents to create a message for you.
- Voice Mail: Have a voice mailbox set up for each extension of your business.
- Call Waiting: Ensure that your potential customers never hear a busy signal.
- Call Forwarding: You choose a list of phones that will ring when your 800 number is dialed. Have them all ring at the same time or in a certain order. It is all customizable by you.
- Caller ID: See who is dialing your 800 number before you answer the phone.
- Conference Calling: Have multiple people on a conference call at the same time without having to pay for a costly service to do it for you.
- Online Maintenance: Maintain your account online and make changes without ever having to pick up the phone.
- Much More: The features go on and on.
With all the features that they have it is safe to say that Phone.com has as many, if not more, features than any other virtual 800 number service in the industry. The company also offers a unique referral program which allows you to get a certain amount of money off of your monthly bill for each person you refer. If you refer enough people, the company will actually pay you. Additionally, if you sign up as a new customer with Phone.com, they give an added month of service for free.
Best of all, with Phone.com there is no hardware to lease or buy, nothing to splice, nothing to connect, and really nothing but ease. Your company can now enjoy an 800 number thanks to virtual 800 number services like Phone.com.
Read the following customer reviews of Phone.com to help you decide if their 800 number service is right for you or your business.