Whether you are starting a business, growing a business, having a sale or are even going out of business, blasting out a press release is your best bet in securing press. Besides getting press, however, there are a number of other reasons why sending out a press release is important, especially if you want to make your mark in a specific industry. A press release can tell people who you are, what your missions are, and how you plan to take over the market share. Also a press release can be your shot to tell the competition to watch out, because your business is coming. Here are 5 benefits of a press release for your business.
- It can bring traffic to your website. If you use a press release service, your press release – with a link to your website – will be blasted out to thousands of different sites. One the first few days after you send out your release, you will start to notice a huge spike in visitorship and traffic to your website. Not only is sending a press release out good for garnering real press, but also to get website hits as well, which can be hugely beneficial.
- It can garner press. A press release’s function is to get picked up by a member of the press or a journalist in the hopes that they will be interested in writing a story on your business. So by blasting it out to a wide net of platforms, you are increasing your chances of getting written up in a magazine, newspaper, or perhaps even the nightly news. If you are in a band or you manage a musical act, you could use a website like SonicBids that has connections to music press and promoters.
- It can build your brand. A press release is a great way to announce your presence in the market place. It can also show competitors that you are ready to rumble. By getting your name and your logo out there – via your press release – you are increasing your visibility. Visibility is key when it comes to building your brand. The more familiar people become with your logo, the more effective your brand building will be. You want people to recognize your logo from a block away and know exactly who you are.
- It can give you legitimacy in the marketplace. By sending out your press release it connotes that your business is serious, professional, and dedicated to serving customers within a particular niche. If you are a new or start up brand – in any industry – this can be a crucial way to not only garner new customers, but also turn them into loyal customers. If you haven’t started your business yet, this can be a great way to have people lined up around the block at your grand opening.
- It can increase SEO. By sending out a press release online, you are increasing SEO, or search engine optimization, especially if you provide a link. This can be a great, organic way to increase your ranking in the search engines.